My Chennai Book Fair 2010 Visit


Went for the Chennai  Book fair on 9th Jan 2010 . The fair open @ 11 AM ,i was there sharp 10.45 AM :)

Almost all the leading Tamil publishers are there . And few English publishers .First I took a casual round all over  the fair Picked few book . The second round is the detailed round where I spend more time in each stall for selecting the books .Purchased books with two categories

1.Got a list of book recommended by others to read ( did some of Google for this )
2.Books which I do not get normally in the book store ( rare books )

One important point I noted is almost all the stall got book about Tamil Eelam .Avoided all the English publication stall because we can buy all the wish / recommended English book easily through Landmark or online web site like Flipcart etc

Came out from the fair at 5.45 PM  spent almost 7 hr !!

Purchased  2 bags full of books !!! ( I will try to give all the books detail which I have purchased, may be in another post ) Got a budget on my mind while going IN but it got exceeded 2 times more .

We are paying only for the print /Paper cost , not for the matter which is printed on  the book  !!

Waiting for the 2011 book fair

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to get a Ration Card in Bangalore ?

rambling THOUGHTS in a DAY!!

Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire every one to take action